If work life balance is something you struggle with, especially if you’re a home-based business, then this week’s #AskMeOnMonday is for you. Thanks to Brigitte Zaghloul from MELT Homestyle Cakes & Desserts for the question.
CLICK BELOW TO WATCH #ASKMEONMONDAY EPISODE 3
Top tips from this week
Work life balance is something we all struggle with. I believe there are three main things that prevent most of us from achieving work life balance:
- Thinking “balance” means doing everything in equal measure all the time.
- Not setting (and sticking to) boundaries.
- Not including enough downtime into our schedule.
More on setting boundaries
If you struggle to set boundaries, try my 3-step guide:
- Set physical boundaries. Separate your “spaces” for work, relationships and self. Try to compartmentalise each part of your life so you are spending quality time in your relationships, on yourself and at work without them spilling into each other’s time.
- Set time boundaries. Establish start and end times for your work day. Have a ritual/event that signals the beginning and end of the work day, e.g. walk around the block, change clothes, set an alarm. Schedule things in your diary… and make sure you stick to it.
- Set personal boundaries. Know when to say yes and when to say no. Do things that make you happy and bring you joy/uplift your spirit. Be around people who bring you joy and uplift you, rather than sap your energy or drag you down.
I hope you enjoyed watching. Please Like and Share with someone you think can benefit. And don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
Are you a business owner or entrepreneur? Is a particular business issue keeping you up at night? Are you stuck with a decision and need help weighing up pros and cons? Do you need some time management or efficiency tips?
#AskMeOnMonday is all about sharing information on common business problems and helping you make real improvements in your day-to-day business life.
So go ahead and ask me your questions in the comments below and each week I’ll choose a question and publish a video response to that question on the following Monday.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST HERE.
You can also find Peer Business Consulting at the links below:
– YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/peerbusinessconsultingau
– Facebook https://www.facebook.com/peerbusinessconsulting
– LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/peer-business-consulting
– Twitter https://twitter.com/PeerBizConsultg
– Google+ https://plus.google.com/+PeerbusinessconsultingAu
What did you think of this article? Post your comments and questions below. And if you found this useful, please share with your networks.
About the Author: Angeline Zaghloul is an expert in business strategy, client management and business processes, and is the Managing Director of Peer Business Consulting, a Sydney-based consultancy providing strategy and operations support to startups and SMEs. Angeline also publishes a regular blog which provides research, advice and tips on key issues facing businesses.